Having left the wonderful 2021 excavation season behind us we are now planning new exiting fieldwork for 2022.
Almost all of the planned excavations are within the field of community archaeology which means that you don´t need any previous knowledge of archaeology in order to participate. Children under 14 years of age can join our team in the company of an adult. The participation fee usually varies depending on the organizer.
· 25.04. – 29.04.2022 ”Finding the Fallen of the Hanko Front” in Hanko S. Finland
Privately funded research project with a scientific multidisciplinary research team. No registration, only professionals accepted but you can always send us a letter of interest if this type of humanitarian work interests you as part of your history or archaeology studies or if you have particular expertise or skills that you think might assist us in our work.
· 02.05. – 06.05.2022 and 09.05. – 13.05.2022 Excavation of Soviet general Sergei Kabanovs WW2 underground command post in Hanko S. Finland.
Privately funded scientific multidisciplinary research and community archaeology excavation with Hangö Sommaruni in combination with pedagogic excavations with local schools (09.05. – 13.05.2022).
· 12.05. – 18.05.2022 Excavation of the Vävarsbacka II neolithic stone-age dwelling site in Porvoo E Uusimaa region.
Community archaeology excavation of a multiperiod stone-age dwelling site with Borgå Medborgarinstitut.
THIS EXCAVATION IS FULLY BOOKED BUT YOU CAN REGISTER ON THE WAITING LIST!
· 21.05. – 22.05.2022 and 04. – 05.06.2022 Excavation of the Kittiskoski E neolithic stone-age dwelling site in Lohja SW Finland.
Community archaeology excavation with Hiiden Opisto. Registration starts on the 20th of April 2022.
23.05. – 27.05.2022 and 30.05. – 03.06.2022.Pedagogic excavation of the Kittiskoski E neolithic stone-age (Early - Typical Combe Ceramic Culture and Corded Ware Culture) dwelling site in Lohja SW Finland
· 08.06. – 12.06.2022 Excavation of the Kolsarby late neolithic stone-age (Kiukais Culture) dwelling site in Kirkonummi S. Finland.
· 15.06. – 18.06.2022 and 19.06. – 22.06.2022 Excavation of Jäkärlä stone-age (Jäkärlä Culture) dwelling site in Turku SW Finland. Community archaeology project with Åbo arbetarinsitut.
· 27.06. – 04.07.2022 Excavation of the Kläppkärr neolithic stone-age dwelling site (Corded Ware Culture and Early Comb Ceramic Culture) in Espoo S. Finland. Community archaeology project with Esbo arbetarinstitut.
· 25.07. – 29.07.2022 and 01.08 – 05.08.2022 Excavation of the Ge 16.9 neolithic stone-age (Pitted Ware Culture) dwelling site in Geta on the Åland Islands.
· 10.08. – 14.08.2022 Excavation of the ”Leikkipuisto” stone-age (Typical Comb Ceramic Culture) dwelling site in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki.
· 17.08. – 21.08.2022 Excavation of the Ruskiasuo stone-age Early Comb Ceramic Culture and Corded Ware Culture) dwelling site in Kouvola (Elimäki).
NEW!! REGISTRATION STARTS IN EARLY MAY!
· 05.09. – 09.09.2022 and 12.09. – 16.09.2022 Excavation of Soviet general Sergei Kabanovs WW2 underground command post in Hanko S. Finland.
· 19.09.–22.09.2022 Pedagogic excavation of the Kittiskoski E neolithic stone-age (Early - Typical Combe Ceramic Culture and Corded Ware Culture) dwelling site in Lohja SW Finland with students from Ojamonharjun koulu ja Mäntynummen yhtenäiskoulu.
Planning in progress with the pedagogic teams from both schools.