Wednesday 8 October 2014

Another schoolvisit to SYK

This time for approx one hundred 6th graders (11-12 year olds) in the schools marvelous auditorium. What a lovely crowd! Some ten of the children had access to a metal detector, not quite as many knew one or more archaeologists but every single one had visited HEUREKA the Finnish Science Centre which proves how important this institution is for schoolchildren.

SYK was built in 1972 (architects Kaija and Heikki Siren) 

The auditorium has excellent acoustics!

I was quite surprised about the many really good and poignant questions after my lecture too! Thank You so much for making me feel so welcome today. I´m looking forward to seeing at least some of you guys at some of my excavations next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.