Sunday 4 September 2016

Back home from the EAA (European Association of Archaeologists) annual meeting in Vilnius, what a fantastic experience!

I had the great priviledge to join some 1500 fellow archaeologist for a few happy days in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Vilnius (the old town), view from my hotel.

I participated in a few sessions and held a presentation about the large scale community archaeology digs organized by HEUREKA the Finnish Science Centre 1990-1994 and 2014-2015.

From the excavations in  2015.

Of course it was mostly about the anthropomorphic clay figurines found there but I also gained some new good contacts in the field od Neolithic Research.

One of the many venues.
Two of the Neolithic figurines from Vantaa Jokiniemi and below one from Gipka in Latvia.


I have to say I enjoyed my stay very, very much. After a hectic 2016 field season the days in Vilnius felt like a holiday. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to the arrangers as well as all the wonderful archaeologists from Scandinavia, Russia and Belorus and Finland I met in Vilnius. Next year the annual meeting of EAA will be in Maastricht, hope to see You all again there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.