Wednesday 4 December 2013

It´s Done (and I´ Feel Good) :)



Studies in archaeology 1986-1993 and 2012-2013

This is the first day of the rest of my life as an archaeologist in more than one sense. Today I finally completed my studies at Helsinki University which were left unifinished when (after completing my pro Gradu exam in 1993) I hit the rocky road as a field archaeologist. Looking back it was a  choice I never really regretted but the question about when I would finish my history and other studies haunted me every summer. Not so any more!

I have to say I have never been as excited about archaeology as I am right now. New projects with schools and archaeology are popping up every week and with the exam papers officially in hand it is finally time to start my own archaeology business in january 2014. I also have several ideas on postgradual studies related to maritime subsistence economy and resources  in the stone age but more about those after I have discussed them with professor Mika Lavento in february 2014.

I want to express my deepest gratitude to the staff at Helsinki University dept of archaeology for their support during the last leg of my studies 2012-2013, family and friends not forgotten! See you in the pit :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.